NSW Regional Business Event Development Fund Timeline Extended!
There is still time to apply for the Regional Business Event Development Fund, with the application period extended until 6 March 2022, or sooner if the fund is fully committed before this date.
Destination NSW is offering grants of up to $30,000 to attract, create and support business events for regional NSW, and to motivate business event owners to incorporate regional NSW in their plans.
What is the NSW Regional Business Event Development Fund?
The NSW Regional Business Event Development Fund is designed to help stakeholders create, attract and support exciting business events for regional NSW and to support new business event initiatives. The Fund aims to enrich these business events with opportunities offered by iconic towns and regions, while helping secure successful conferences and events for their future.
The four streams of the program are:
- Creation of a New Business Event – To encourage towns and regions to create their own new conferences and business events.
- Attraction of an Existing Business Event – To assist rural and regional NSW to secure conferences, business events and major expos. The business event should have been held previously in a capital city, interstate or overseas and funding is being sought to bring the event to a regional NSW location.
- Support for an Existing Business Event – To support events that are held in regional NSW and may rotate between locations. Funds must be used to drive increased visitation for the event.
- Support for a Business Event Project – To assist rural and regional NSW to implement business event projects or initiatives aimed at driving growth in the visitor economy of regional NSW. This may take the form of a business event series or roadshow; a specific element of a business event where the main event is being held in a capital city or interstate; or a small-scale infrastructure project designed specifically to support growth in business events.
Who can apply?
The NSW Regional Business Event Development Fund is open to local government, local tourism organisations, convention organisers, chambers of commerce, business events industry operators, industry associations, sole traders, corporations and professional conference organisers looking to create or host a business event in regional NSW.
What level of funding is available?
Applications will be assessed on a first-come-first-served basis until the funds have been expended.
Funding must be matched dollar-for-dollar by applicants and is available on the following scale:
– Up to $15,000 for a business event up to 150 delegates
– Up to $30,000 for a business event with over 150 delegates
Applicants must be able to provide justification for the amount requested within the context of increasing or extending visitation for the business event or driving growth in business events overall.
Did you know that Grant Funding is available across Australia and New Zealand? If you would like to know what is currently available, hit up the team at BCC Management at email@example.com