Queensland Fund offering cash support for conferences
The Queensland Government has established an economic support program to assist in the recovery of your events.
The fund will support nationally rotating conferences of 350+ delegates that book at one or all of the three Queensland Convention Centres between July 2023 – March 2025.
What is the Queensland Government Convention & Exhibition Centre Economic Recovery Bid Support Program?
The Queensland Economic Recovery Bid Support Program has been established to support nationally rotating conferences of 350+ delegates that book at one or all of the three Queensland Convention Centres to be held between July 2023 – March 2025.
To make a tangible difference to conference bottom line budgets, the program will offer $100 per delegate for one conference and $120 per delegate for multiple conferences. The funds have been allocated to support local businesses so you will be able to use the funds across a number of conference expenses to help increase your profits!
What events are eligible?
• The event must be a national association or corporate event
• Held across a minimum duration of three days
• Must be held before 31 March 2025
• The event must be contracted within 60 days from the Letter of Offer from the Convention Centre
• The event has been held nationally before with historical attendance data available
• Event organisers must be considering other destinations outside of Queensland (you will need to provide the list)
The event must meet the following in-person delegate requirements (virtual attendees must not be included):
• Minimum in-person registered 350 full program delegates each day
• Maximum number of delegates 1,000 to receive incentive per event
• Minimum percentage of in-person 50% registered full program delegates from outside Qld
What venues do I have to book with?
The funding covers events that are run at one of the three convention centres in Queensland. These include:
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Cairns Convention Centre
- Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre